Troubleshoot my loach!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

hollertronix

AC Members
Feb 27, 2012
Ok, so I noticed some white spots popping up on one of my clown loaches a week and a half ago. This is a juvenile, probably only 2.5 inches long; if even that. After poking around the web a bit, I waited it out to see if it would get better with the heater cranked a bit but ultimately it didn't improve.

I decided to medicate for ick with half dosages due to clown loach sensitivity to medications, with all carbon filter media removed. Two half doses at 48 hours apart, followed by replacing the carbon filter and a nearly 50% water change with added salt and gravel vacuuming has resulted in a drastic improvement on my second clown loach and the couple spots I had seen pop up on a tiger barb as well as overall health of another tiger barb that had started swimming solo and hiding quite a bit.

So, the 2.5 inch clown loach hasnt really seemed to improve as much as everyone else has. He still has quite a bit of spots, and hides almost all the time except when I feed and he comes out to eat.

Other than that, all my water parameters are in check and every fish seems perfectly healthy except this one little loach!

any suggestions? I don't have a quarantine tank available; so that's pretty much out of the question.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store