Trying to Find a Particular Sized Tank.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Apr 2, 2002
New York
Aqueon still makes the 40L. If you live within driving distatnce of the Boston area you may be able to buy one from kensfish.com. He does not ship them.
https://kensfish.com/pages/contact-us

I have a huge fish store near me that would have them. Not cheap, but reliable. I am in Westchester County, NY.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
Opps- no 40L from Aqueon any more. I found an older list. I just double checked and they only do the 33L now.

There are reasons one might need a tanks where the footprint is more important than the height/volume. I work with small plecos and I can tell you I love shallower tanks with decent area. I would choose a 40B over a 55 anytime for this. The first has an footprint of 4.5 sq ft. v.s. 4.0 for the second. :)

Reactions: FishAddict74

FishGuy456

AC Members
Jan 3, 2021
I've only had 1 acrylic tank given to me & I passed it on after I saw the wide top edge bracing & very small holes for filter, plugs etc...

Do you live near a big city? Might be worth expanding your search, more phone calls & a drive...
Thanks for the input....

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Pretty sure Marineland still make a 40g regular aquarium

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
Greetings all, and happy new year. I am a newbie to the forum so be gentle with me...lol I am trying to find a 40 Gallon Long aquarium 48 inches long The tank has the same dimensions as a 55 Gallon aquarium.

Aqueoun used to carry them but no longer......any help is appreciated.
Welcome! I found some like this, but they don’t ship, you may have to check around until you find one within a reasonable distance. I would start with a google search and then make some calls and hopefully one of these places can get you a lead on a supplier in your area

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Greetings all, and happy new year. I am a newbie to the forum so be gentle with me...lol I am trying to find a 40 Gallon Long aquarium 48 inches long The tank has the same dimensions as a 55 Gallon aquarium.

Aqueoun used to carry them but no longer......any help is appreciated.
Sorry if I missed it, but why does it have to be a 40gal long when it's the same footprint as a 55g?

You can currently pick up an Aqueon 55gal from Petco for about $75. Until the end of January. Then they're double that.

*EDIT* I totally missed the boat. I see you did exactly that!

Last edited:
Reactions: FishAddict74
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store