FREE Two dwarf puffers, Enfield NH, pick-up preferred

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

gtu2004

AC Members
Feb 15, 2010
New York
dwarf puffers are whole different animals when it comes to feeding. Mine doesn't touch anything that doesn't move. Even the stuff that moves, it doesn't touch tasty lil thing like cherries either. Depending on individual preference of each puffer, but I have a hard time thinking DPs would be interested in frozen mix.

I have to resort to feeding live blackworms to my DP exclusively. It's actually fine, because $2 of that stuff lasts me for a couple months, and my other fish enjoy them, too.

fishie111

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Hello all:

I am sorry for my delay in responding to inquiries about my puffers. My dad was hospitalized early last week and underwent open heart surgery yesterday. His health is one of the primary reasons that I don't feel able to commit to raising waive food for the puffers.

I had a few inquire about taking the puffers if I could ship them. I will send pms out to those who expressed interest later today. I have to order shipping supplies and would be willing to do that tomorrow so that I can ship the fish as soon as the supplies are in hand.

Thanks for your interest and again, I apologize for the delay.

Cichlids96

Registered Member
Sep 20, 2011
I raise puffers fish and would love to add them both two the collection. Pm your email or contact to reach you about shipping them both

fishie111

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Sorry for my continuing delays on this- my family situation is finally settling down a bit. I still want to place these puffers. I plan to ship them, but not until after the holidays because the risk of delay is too great. In the meantime, I'm feeding them snails and on occasion live brine shrimp to keep them healthy for their new owner. They are fun little fish, but the live food is too much for me to manage long term. I had mixed luck with live black worms which I finally found- one puffer ate them and the other didn't (though in all honesty, I'm not sure the other puffer got a chance to realize they were food).

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
family comes first, hope everything works out for you. If you still have them after I get my tank set up and cycled (should be mid-late january) then I would be willing to take them. But I cant set up my dwarf puffer tank until after the holidays are over. I have 4 families and just waaaay too much to do and buy to get that done right now.

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
If you are still looking for a home for them and can ship with a heat pack, my tank is up and ready now. It is a 15 gallon column, planted with driftwood and rocks, and my LFS could only order me 3 instead of 6 juvies, so I definitely have space in my tank. I have a good stock of live snails and will be feeding live blackworms as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store