Tyler79Durdan's "AC 40" new (to me) tank build thread. 56K pic warning!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tyler79durdan

Director Of Plantasia?
Dec 12, 2009
Michigan
aaronspet.webs.com
Oh man, how much Id love to go... Other LFS like the Hong Kong thread, are super cool, and a great place to hang out and "learn" some things.

Thats real cool. You should take a lot of pics. Or invite Piggy67... He's got nothing to do anyway. :)

The rocks are beyond repair. This just gives me an excuse to do another project. Idle hands buddy, idle hands. :)

-Aaron

tyler79durdan

Director Of Plantasia?
Dec 12, 2009
Michigan
aaronspet.webs.com
My name is Aaron... tyler79durdan

Kelly Crossley's name is Kelly and he is a guy... Kcrossley

Are you serious?...

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
Sorry to here about your rock structure, those were looking great.Nice job on cutting your bottom glass too:thm:.
You had to acclimate your wife???:rofl::rofl::rofl:I had to wipe tears outof my eye after I read that. My ribs still ache.

piggy67

AC Members
Apr 24, 2008
Battle Creek, Mich.
Real Name
Dion
Oh man, how much Id love to go... Other LFS like the Hong Kong thread, are super cool, and a great place to hang out and "learn" some things.

Thats real cool. You should take a lot of pics. Or invite Piggy67... He's got nothing to do anyway. :)

The rocks are beyond repair. This just gives me an excuse to do another project. Idle hands buddy, idle hands. :)

-Aaron
*raises hand* pick me.......... pick me......:woot:

tyler79durdan

Director Of Plantasia?
Dec 12, 2009
Michigan
aaronspet.webs.com
Ok here is a small update...

I got some white Play Sand for $2.50, one bag.
It was supposed to be "rinsed"... Hmm

I didnt want to risk it, so I followed this great write up on rinsing linked by jpappy789 in another thread located here.

Thanks for that one pap!

It worked great and the "rinsed" sand was not even close to being rinsed. After I added it to the water in the bucket, it immediately frothed a brownish, grossness and made my really appreciate the extra step. After about 25-35 minutes of rinsing and re-rinsing, I was really satisfied with the results.

I added it to the tank and had 99.9% no cloud to the column! It sank quick and cleared up nicely almost immediately.

I will update more later...

-Aaron

piggy67

AC Members
Apr 24, 2008
Battle Creek, Mich.
Real Name
Dion
sweet.....more pics AAron...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com