ULTIMATE 3 IN 1 DIY THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHECK IT OUT!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

legendaryfrog

Tactical Refreshment Action
Nov 25, 2006
arlington heights - hoffman estates, IL
Awesome DIY projects!

I really like the stand itself, but im not too fond of the oak stain.

AnDr3w

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
Thanks guys I appriciate it. Im not really a fan of the stain myself legendaryfrog. My parents wanted it to match the floor, so thats how it had to be. But its ok I thinks its still nice looking.

AnDr3w

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
Yea. I didnt know what I was doing. lol. I just primered everything. Its ok because I used the Krylon Fusion paint so its fine. Thanks for the kind words guy. :)

rwilliams254

AC Members
May 16, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
You need to put some vynal edging (you iron on) the outside of the sides of the top of your project. It'll give it a "finished" look. Or you could get some 1/2 round or some decorative molding and put it up. Again, to hide the "inside" of the plywood.

Add some detail to the doors too for that "profesional" appearence. Some trim or some off color paint (black?) to make a box 1/2" to 1" inside the edges of the door would set them off great!

Stand looks good thought.

AnDr3w

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
You need to put some vynal edging (you iron on) the outside of the sides of the top of your project. It'll give it a "finished" look. Or you could get some 1/2 round or some decorative molding and put it up. Again, to hide the "inside" of the plywood.

Add some detail to the doors too for that "profesional" appearence. Some trim or some off color paint (black?) to make a box 1/2" to 1" inside the edges of the door would set them off great!

Stand looks good thought.
Thanks. I do know what you mean with the inside of the ply wood. It doesnt stain too well and it annoys me. My mom and I might go to Home Depot tomorrow and get something for it. Thanks for the tip on what to buy! ;)

rwilliams254

AC Members
May 16, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The Vinyal edging should be over by either the paints section or over by the weather stripping section.

The 1/2" moudling is by the crown molding section. Or there's the spiral kind. Easy to paint and easy to stain.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store