undulate triggerfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
Try a tomato clown...they are little bad boys...maybe he will lay the smack down on the trigger if he tries to mess with him.

hultman

Curmudgeon at large
Sep 19, 2004
Minnesota
Is there anyone here who has a undulate trigger fish mixed in with other fish besides just trigger fish.
I tried this once many years ago. The undulate was named Attila, and he had an attitude. We tried him with Tangs (yellow and sailfin, as I recall), other triggers (Niger and picasso, I think) and various clowns, including a mean tomato. He beat up on them all. He finally ended up in a tank we set up just for him, and he still wasn't happy. I don't think I'd have another.

Beegone

Registered Member
Sep 6, 2008
I HAVE AN UNDULATED THAT IVE KEPT FOR A FEW YEARS NOW IN WITH 13 OTHER TRIGGERS IN A 500 GA, AND TANGS AND WRASSES AND A FEW OTHERS. THE UNDULATED SO FAR KEEPS TO ITS OWN AREA, ONCE IN AWHILE IT SQUABBLES WITH MY WHITE LINE TRIGGER,NOTHING SERIOUS.I KEEP THEM WELL FED. IVE NOTICED AS LONG AS THEY HAVE THEIR OWN SPACE THEY ARE OKAY.

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
So what do these guys do in the wild? They just wreak havoc on everything in their area? I don't get it...sounds like a mini psycho shark.

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
They are aggressive and territorial. They have more space in the ocean. It's not like most fish go around randomly killing other fish for the fun of it. It's food or fight for territory and all that goes with territory. Putting a fish like this in such a relatively small space is asking for trouble. I'm not talking the 500g, but even that is small when compared to the ocean. Not even sharks are massive killing machines.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store