Unknown Cichlid...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sneak

AC Members
Jan 16, 2003
Gig Harbor, Wa
www.geocities.com
I had 2 cichlids, but one ate the other... :mad: oh well, I got then at a pet store in a ASST. Cichlids tank for .99 and I put them in my spare 10gallon tank and when they were about 1" long the "evil" one ate its bro or sis so now im stuck with a fish in a 10 gallon tank...Is my set up ok it seems to be happy... It has lots of big rocks, and gravel, Biowheel, and a powerhead... So is this ok for it?

Now for the desciption to see if you can identifiy it... its about 3" long a light brown/yellow and when light hits it has blue stripes runing head to tail with spots anal fins, and the gill flaps, the pectoral fins are a gray with a white stripe, and sometimes it gets light black stripes running top to bottem... ANY IDEAS THANKS

PEACE

SNEAK!

Tightdog1

Chinaman Can!
Sep 2, 2002
Clayton/Concord, CA
with no picture its hard to tell but i can only guess a jack dempsey, get a pic and maybe we can confirm.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
I also say some type of malawi cichlid they are always sold as assorted over here the only problem with the description is that there are some many malawis that look alike that it would be hard to determine which one it is.

Tightdog1

Chinaman Can!
Sep 2, 2002
Clayton/Concord, CA
pic doesnt work.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store