unsightly powerheads

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
along with your normal decorations used to cover plumbing inside our tanks theres ussualy that upper few inches or so of unsightly power heads & tops of pipes that you can use oak leaves on .8 oak leaves will last & cover alot of area in a spot that is not getting much light anyways & would end up in water anyways, naturaly. Your realy just sustaining a natural phenomenon anyway so its a win win situation.

Pretender

AC Members
Sep 20, 2005
Space Coast of Florida
mvigor said:
Tell me how OAK LEAVES are going to "naturally" get in our houses and inside our fish tanks.
And it's natural to have fish swimming in a glass container inside your house? ;)

And why does Telecubby have a description of his aquarium in his "location" field? Does he live in there?

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
Pretender said:
And why does Telecubby have a description of his aquarium in his "location" field? Does he live in there?
:soda:

Ive used oak leaves in aquariums before. Some fish will move them around and search among them for food. Pretty remarkable display.

I believe there was an article in TFH magazine a couple months back about using leaves in aquariums.

NatakuTseng

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
Jan 3, 2004
Vermont
cichliddomain.com
Good way to lower the pH as well for breeding many of the labyrinth and some of the pickier dwarves. Natural and provides a good culturing place for some of the microrganisms that the fry will feed off when first hatching. Similar to the katapa (sp) leaves many of the asian breeders push for lowering pH but when ya can go in your backyard and get them why spend a lot of money for the others?

it just realy looks great if your after that natural look.some leaves from softwoods will rot so oak is the choice,free almost anywhere(was thinking of maple) & should last all winter.in nature this would be happening to their river or lake so is familiar to them.IMO You don't know how much you overlook the leaves until they start changeing colour & falling to seeds. I used dry leaves (brownish) after a windy day there should be some nice ones.
Leaves look more natural than pipes & powerheads & they have a clingy waxy surface & pointy or (rounded)edges that tends to stay where you put it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store