URGENT

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Chase Glover

AC Members
Feb 2, 2017
What is your nitrite? And your nitrate?
The nitrite is 0ppm. I can't test for nitrate because that what I'm out of. For whatever reason when i test. I go reverse. So when I saw my nitrate was out, I thought everything was out. Anyways I can't imagine its be too high. It's only been up a week with a 50 perevjt water change. So, what should I do now, I just saw my betta go up for air. Did that, shot right back now. Should a I just keep up with the water changes and hope he recovers?

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Hows the bloating today? No food still right? If he's still bloated you could try some Epsom salt to help alleviate the bloating, either add it directly to the tank (do u have plants?) or give him a quick bath/dip. Google for dosage, don't know it off the top of my head.

Chase Glover

AC Members
Feb 2, 2017
Hows the bloating today? No food still right? If he's still bloated you could try some Epsom salt to help alleviate the bloating, either add it directly to the tank (do u have plants?) or give him a quick bath/dip. Google for dosage, don't know it off the top of my head.
Looks about the same if worse. No food. I don't have the right kind of epsom salt so I guess I'll have to buy some. I'll keep y'all updated.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Epsom salt is cheap and easy to find. My grocery stores have it but a health store or like Walgreen, CVS and such will definitely have it. If he might look worse you'll want to treat asap. I'm rooting for him!

Frank Castle

AC Members
Feb 9, 2017
i'll bet my paycheck it's got high nitrates....

......but don't listen to me, I don't know anything. I only have 30 years experience.....

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
I can't test for nitrate because that what I'm out of.
So this means you've tested a whole bottles worth of nitrates in the past right? Did you typically have high nitrates? Do you have nitrates in your tap?

i'll bet my paycheck it's got high nitrates....

......but don't listen to me, I don't know anything. I only have 30 years experience.....
It's not that no one is listening to you, it's that all you've added is that you misunderstood my post (which I apologized for confusing anyone with), that he probably has high nitrates in his tap water and that water changes are the only way to get rid of nitrates (but if it's in his tap...). I don't see you offering any solutions, just nitpicking of others who are trying to help. I'd honestly LOVE for you to share that experience with the group instead of just making these sideways comments. I'm not trying to fight you here, I really do want your input but the attitude is not necessary.

Chase Glover

AC Members
Feb 2, 2017
So this means you've tested a whole bottles worth of nitrates in the past right? Did you typically have high nitrates? Do you have nitrates in your tap
I have never had high nitrates. I have managed to get some nitrate test from a friend. I will test right now, results to come in a few.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store