Using KNO3 as the sole source of K+(no K2SO4/KCl needed

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OnyxFishies

Fish Nut
Aug 29, 2004
Gulfport, MS
As I'm sure some of you have already noticed, I tend to "nuke" things. I don't think I could change that in myself (lol.. even if I wanted to :p ) Thanks for answering so quickly.

I'm the type that doesn't particularly want to know what works, I want to know how it works and why. (Very frustrating to teach me things sometimes, I would imagine.)

I like moles too.. Once I got over my annoyance at avogadro's number, (I still believe that physists/chemists/mathematicians/etc. make up numbers that are a pain to remember purely because they can! :D ) I find they just make sense. Anyway, I agree with Happychem in his chemistry lesson sticky in the general freshwater forum: We use ppm because we use ppm. (paraphrased, obviously.)

If I ever become a famous physist, I'll come up with Nick's Constant: 2
Then I'll try to find a use for it.

happychem

redorkulated
Dec 9, 2003
Halifax, NS
Visit site
Our default answer in Quantum I whenever we didn't know the real answer was:
answer = 1 happychem, where every happychem = correct answer.

Funny you should mention making up numbers because they can, one of my favourite quotes from Quantum II was: "we could put it simply like *this*, but then all those people on Sherbrooke street would want to come in here and start doing chemistry."

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store