Very general question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Andy16

AC Members
Dec 10, 2002
Wisconsin
Visit site
If my tank isnt fully cycled yet do i stiff need to wait to add plants if htey are attached to rocks and float?they wouldnt have any roots to put in the substrate anyways.

Richer

AC Members
Aug 7, 2002
Edmonton, AB
Allow your tank to fully cycle first. Ammonia + light generally equals algae outbreak.
For the floating plant thing, try it out and you'll see what I'm talking about... my smaller tanks generally have much more surface movement than my larger ones. The floating plants usually find a place to gather and they usually stay there.

HTH
-Richer

Andy16

AC Members
Dec 10, 2002
Wisconsin
Visit site
Well im going to get the plants for sure when my tank is ready. Right now my nitrite levels are inbetween .8 and .3.
it seems to be taking to long:D

Gumby7

AC Members
Jun 3, 2001
Vancouver, BC
Originally posted by Andy16
Are you saying they can like swim??? My fish cant even get away from the current if they go buy it.
I think what he is saying is they get circulated around the tank until they end up in a calmer area (like a corner) or get hung up on something (your filter intake tube, not necessarily the strainer).

If you've ever had duckweed you'll know!

Gumby

Andy16

AC Members
Dec 10, 2002
Wisconsin
Visit site
Thats kond of what i thought but i wasnt too sure.:) Are fertilizers and co2 injections(or what ever those are) expensive?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store