Walmart Fish!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lobo.

sheep in wolf's clothing
Feb 24, 2005
Nashville
y dont people like you stix get summer jobs at walmart, you could take car of all of the fish there and educate the staff on how to do the same??? everyone says "i wish they would tell the customers more about the fish" or " they should do better with their tanks" or "their staf doesn't know s***!" other than drastic refore by wallmart wich isn't going to happen, doing the dirty work directly is the best option i can think of!

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
maybe we could spend a couple weeks observing what our local wal-marts do wrong and take mental notes. then we should compile a list of the most common problems and what can be done to solve them. make it simple for people who know nothing about fish, no more than 1 page.

then - idea of ideas! we could print lists individually and secretly leave them by the sink in the fish area of our local wal-mart, or just give them to whoever is working in that department.

too idealistic?

mack606

AC Members
Feb 15, 2004
Vancouver, Canada eh
Visit site
I don't like your idea for reasons that have already been posted.

You must understand that the more they sell- the more they will stock. You are adding to the problem.

F*** the system by not buying from wal-mart and telling others the situation.

saturday

AC Members
Jan 7, 2005
I totally agree with you mack606. Not only about selling fish at Walmart, but about everything Walmart sells b/c of how they screw their suppliers which in turns ends up screwing the customers. If people educated themselves a bit more on Walmarts business practices and the impact those practices have on this country, I think a lot more people would stop buying anything from Walmart.

Larissa

Katherine Hope
Jun 9, 2005
brenham, tx
i live in texas and none of the wal-mart anywhere close to us sell fish, and these are big new stores. maybe eventually they will all stop selling fish. anyway, last time i was at Petco there were tons of dead fish in their tanks. i'm now uneasy about buying fish from them.

Calico Goat

AC Members
Jun 5, 2005
Charlotte, NC
wataugachicken said:
maybe we could spend a couple weeks observing what our local wal-marts do wrong and take mental notes. then we should compile a list of the most common problems and what can be done to solve them. make it simple for people who know nothing about fish, no more than 1 page.

then - idea of ideas! we could print lists individually and secretly leave them by the sink in the fish area of our local wal-mart, or just give them to whoever is working in that department.

too idealistic?

Write in Sharpie--directly on the tanks. The morons may already use window cleaner, but Sharpie will never, ever come off.

sky.eyes.woman

I'd rather be in Hockeytown!
Dec 6, 2004
Greenville, SC
saturday said:
I totally agree with you mack606. Not only about selling fish at Walmart, but about everything Walmart sells b/c of how they screw their suppliers which in turns ends up screwing the customers. If people educated themselves a bit more on Walmarts business practices and the impact those practices have on this country, I think a lot more people would stop buying anything from Walmart.
It is interesting that I read this tonight after seeing a lady slip, fall and injure herself walking into my local Wal-Mart while I was paying for my groceries. For some reason I felt compelled to write down my name and phone # on a piece of paper and give it to her friend that was with her. Just in case she needed a witness. She hurt herself pretty bad, ripped her big toenail off and probably injured her leg since she landed with it bent back behind her. I'm really wondering how this will shake out. :huh:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store