Walmart plant bulbs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cuddlebug910

Cuddlier than any other bug
Mar 2, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
I'd be interested in trying these bulbs. Can anyone provide more information? Like what department in Walmart you found them? What does the packaging look like? Or brand names? Thanks a lot!

Anton Wernher

AC Members
Feb 24, 2002
NC
There were in the fish supply dept (this walmart doesn't sell fish). They were packaged in clear plastic with a cardboard bacground or about 3 by 4 I believe.

BTW thanks for all the responses.

Skippy

Grand Poobah of Fun
Aug 22, 2000
Dallas, TX
web.of.slacking.net
I have some of the apongetons.

I will try to snag a pic when I get home.

They also have a replacement gaurantee if you wanna send in the "dead" bulbs.

Look on the back of the package.

pinballqueen

Roleplayer
Aug 4, 2002
Sevierville, TN
www.hostultra.com
I had great luck with those bulbs. I bought about 6 packs of them (being sure to get the packs that had the most bulbs in them, I think they pack them by weight) thinking that maybe I'd get 5 or 6 plants out of them.....I was shortly overrun with lilypads. One bulb had 3 or 4 sections, and they all sprouted, and I'm pretty sure all but 3 of the bulbs sprouted out and grew like wildfire. I say pretty sure because the pleco thought the unsprouted bulbs were great to nibble on....there were only 3 duds left in the tank after a month or so....

The trick is to put them in your tank between water changes, so that there is plenty of planty-munchies in the water and substrate to jumpstart them. Whenever I set my tank back up (if I go with fw, that is) I'm definitely buying Walmart out of them....

Weasel6

AC Members
Dec 17, 2002
St. Matthews,SC
Visit site
Same here,

bought a pack and they floated.So being the great,aquarium intellectual that I am I buried them in the gravel just enough to hold them down. Been 2 weeks and I haven't seen diddly squat yet.Huh, I wonder why?
They're either duds or I need to pull them up and let them float til they sink. My tank temp. averages 80* so they probably won't root according to the info. above. I'm gonna sue Wal-mart to get my $1.87 back!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store