walmart puffer--I want some!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

loraynepape

Registered Member
May 21, 2007
Boycott Walmart

I saw walmart has puffers which I believe are green spotted puffers. They were not marked but I'm almost positive that's what they are. I really would like to have 1 or 2 but I know basically nothing about them. What size tank do they need? Water conditions (fresh, brackish)? And if they require salt how do I go about that I have never had anything but freshwater before. Also, if they are brackish or marine, what could I use to keep the algae down, and what would be best for cycling the tank? Thanks!
I mistakenly bought my first GSP at walmart. The poor thing was sooo malnurished that it only lasted 2 days. They had been attempting to feed it flake food and did not have them in brackish water. Walmart should not be selling live animals what so ever. In one of the tanks, there were 8 dead fish sucked to the filter, in another every fish had ick, it was really sad. I bought this poor little guy to see If I could save him, and it really was hopeless. His poor little belly was so concave. On a possitive, it has created my obsession with the little guys. I have written and complained to walmart with out any responce. The best thing that I can do is tell people not to buy from them, so they decide that it is not profitable for them to carry fish.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
I have tried & tried to contact the fish buyer for Walmart, to either explain their care or even offer my article to be sent out to every store. Doubt mostwould even care to read it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store