Wanted: "lawn" in my tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Matak

Out of the blue!
Jun 18, 2002
Near Toronto
I have seen the pics of other tanks with a short, dense, grassy lawn in their tanks.
My relevant specs are:
3 watts/Gal
Photoperiod 11 Hrs
lightsource - 14" from substrate
Substrate 2" of gravel/sand/clay/peat/humus mix under 1½" of med/fine gravel
pH - 7 to 7.4
CO2 - 10 to 20 ppm
kH 14° to 17°
Gh 1° to 2°

Glosso doesn't really interest me. What can you recomend?

StevieM

Nov 29, 2002
lewiston, NY
Visit site
I bought some potted Micro Sword...which looks a lot like grass. If that is the same thing?? Mine really hasn't grown much since I've gotten it home a couple months back and I did some asking about it. From what they told me , Micro Sword needs intense light to thrive....blinding I guess. If you don't they tend to send a few runners out , hold on for a while and then die off. I don't know what watts per gallon they might need, but I just thought I would share some info I had that might help in your decision. Good Luck...

steve

punch

AC Members
Mar 25, 2002
Petaluma, CA
Look at the glosso too, You have enought light to do it.

Godslayer

Los Dios De Verde
Dec 25, 2001
Largo, Fl
Glosso...

I have been looking for Glosso for quite some time and everyone is always out of it. Does anybody know where I can purchase it? It need not be a business ;)

Bob

Godslayer

Los Dios De Verde
Dec 25, 2001
Largo, Fl
Jared: I just placed an order with them a few days ago and they called and told me they were out. I will keep looking but it's becoming impossible for me to find it :( Thanks for the suggestion though.

Bob

Matak

Out of the blue!
Jun 18, 2002
Near Toronto
Amano for Christmas

Wetman

Juat recieved Nature Aquarium World from Amazon.com, a late arriving Christmas gift. Wow! I will certainly take your advice and try to encorprate the Riccia and Java Moss in the Amano style. My tank is already established and light to moderatley planted with a beautifull striated granite cliff thrusting out of the substrate. I will have to work around these things but I beleive it is do-able. Thanx again for the suggestions.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store