wanted to get bubble tip or some kinds of anem,

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
If your tank is the lesser of the 2 evils so to speak then definately keep him and try and bring him back to life. Like I said, it is acting healthy, attaching quickly and eating, so that is a very good sign. Just keep an eye on it, keep feeding it, regular water changes, and hope for the best. There is always a chance the anemone will make it even under less than ideal lighting.

If this is your first anemone.. be prepared for when it shrinks up and digests, brown slimey stuff out its mouth and shrinks up to almost nothing. This is normal, but freaks everyone out the first time. Mysis is a good food, but anemones can eat even bigger food like silversides once and a while as well (like 2x a month feed it a silverside)

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
its my first but i'm no slouch to critter keeping if there is one thing i know eating and pooping,.. so to speak,.lol in the farm animals line you learn all there is to know, it the same just different locations,.. just think if you had a 100%soft body what you would look like crapping,..lol :rofl:

well that enough of that ,..lol normal process of life is the norm with me,.. just what they eat and how often is where i need to study,..

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
oh yeah i forgot i read that bristol worms are a bother to them and my million are starting to peck at him teeny ones out from the rock,.. how can i get them out? they even live on my snails, that have algea growung on them,.lol can you trap them? or just the big ones,..

lanimret

AC Members
Apr 1, 2008
Get an arrow crab. He cleaned my Bristle Worms out and then starved. Couldn't get him to eat anything else.

BTW, I love invert's if you can tell. Probably more than the fish.

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
they are way too spider like for me,..lol i hate spiders,. besides my tank is way too small for them they get huge,.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
They sell bristle worm traps that work amazingly well.

That bubble algae to me is like spiders to you... Something about bubble algae when I see it I think "KILL IT WITH FIRE!" LOL. I guess in reality if it doesn't bother you and your pulling them out whole and not popping them in the water when you can it isn't any harm to the tank to have them in there.

DSR

AC Members
Apr 10, 2009
Tulsa, OK
It is looking a bit better. Looks very similar to the nems at the LFC near my house. What color is his body? Is a nice health pinkish reddish color (Like the color of imitation crab meat? ).

As for the bubble algae, might want to consider getting a handle on that... unless that nem is really small, you have huge bubble algea

DSR

AC Members
Apr 10, 2009
Tulsa, OK
YOu can find MH lights for around 150-250 on marinedepot and many other online sources. Heck, check CL first you may get lucky.

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
They sell bristle worm traps that work amazingly well.

That bubble algae to me is like spiders to you... Something about bubble algae when I see it I think "KILL IT WITH FIRE!" LOL. I guess in reality if it doesn't bother you and your pulling them out whole and not popping them in the water when you can it isn't any harm to the tank to have them in there.
well i don't like it but it kinda hard to get rid of,.. i try to pick them off, and lot do break and thats why i leave it unless it comes off nice,. after i put 3 powerheads in some just blow away and i can catch them

any ideas to try to kill it?

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
well tried the bristol worm trap well it worked they went in ate the bait, and then left,.. twice,.. there goes 14.00,

anyway........the anemone,
i finally got some raw prawns at the store and fed a piece of one,
and he doubled in size an hour later,..
the mysis shrimp wasn't doing it,..

i looked up on line and petco sells them as white anemones
looked on google and it also lists some sebeas as white and the look the same?
i also put a cf screw in bulb in a clamp on light and added that on him to help and he has moved a bit under a ledge from where he was,..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store