Water Changes.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tdc999

Registered Member
Dec 18, 2020
Hello
The aquarium is up and running and all seems OK (still crossing everything).
The ph level is a little low but I am hoping this will improve in time (if it needs to).
The tank is well planted and the fish will be introduced in the New Year if all goes well.

There are plenty of options for dechlorinating the water (I did forget about this)!

At the moment I use a hose from tap to tank.
Is it best to decoronate before water is added to the tank or pour the solution directly into the tank.

I can use a bucket the hose just makes it easier.
Thanks.

tdc999

Registered Member
Dec 18, 2020
OH, OK
I want to dechlorinate the water that I add to the tank after a water change.
Can I pour the solution straight into the tank or do I have to add it to a bucket of tap water and then pour from the bucket into the tank.
Maybe you can understand now.

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
If you are adding new water using a bucket, treat the amount of water in the bucket according to the dechlorinator instructions.

If you are adding new water with a hose directly to the tank, treat for the volume of the tank unless the instructions say otherwise.

Which product are you using to dechlorinate?

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
OH, OK
I want to dechlorinate the water that I add to the tank after a water change.
Can I pour the solution straight into the tank or do I have to add it to a bucket of tap water and then pour from the bucket into the tank.
Maybe you can understand now.
I just pour it straight to the tank, I always try to add more.

FJB

AC Members
Jun 7, 2019
Still more clarification for your own benefit -

" - The ph level is a little low but I am hoping this will improve in time (if it needs to).
- The tank is well planted and the fish will be introduced in the New Year if all goes well."

- Why do you expect the pH to go up, and why do you want it up (what is the source of the water, i.e., tap or well; what is the pH as it comes from the spigot? what do you want to grow?)
- The tank is well planted.... Plants also do not like chlorinated water! (some even melt!)
Good luck!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
What size tank? What do you intend to keep in it?

Most importantly, how are you cycling it? Just adding water and letting the tank run won't do it for ya.

Reactions: Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store