water parameters PH for cichlids

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ArrIbeAPirate

AC Members
Aug 5, 2007
i did a search and didnt come up with anything... maybe im not looking for the right words i dunno....

anyways i am going to set up a 30 gal with some cichlids and want to know what the best PH and other water parameters would be for them....

thanks
chris

kay-bee

AC Members
Sep 14, 2005
Tampa, FL
"Cichlids" are a group of very diverse fish. Depending on what type of cichlids they are low or high pH may be ideal.

ArrIbeAPirate

AC Members
Aug 5, 2007
i am thinking of getting some electric yellows, some electric blues, maybe a peacocks... and others...

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
get back out there and do more research. to keep these fish in the proper numbers to reduce aggression, you need a bigger tank.

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
I agree; you're talking about Lake Malawi Species there, which require more space than you can give them in a 30.

If you like these, you might however enjoy Lake Tanganyikan species. Have a look here www.cichlidforum.com at the species profiles. These would like a high Ph and hard water.

ArrIbeAPirate

AC Members
Aug 5, 2007
i have a 150 that they will probably be going into later on, the cichlids i am looking at are just various cichlids at the LFS and are very small..... i have a good amount of lace rock and stuff for them to hide in, the tank has been going for about 2 1/2 weeks i have a few community fish from my other tank in it to help it along, they will be moved back once i get the cichlids

thanx 4 the help :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store