Well hello

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
They are survivors for sure. I've mentioned about my over abundance of ender-guppies in other threads. I've tossed some in my oscar and severum tank from time to time and often have to pull them back out. They quickly learn to stay away from the mouths of the big guys. Well.. That and I've always fed my big guys pellet foods. They'll go absolutely bonkers over red cherry shrimp when I had way too many of those, but they don't go nuts over live fish.

ConfusedCatfish

AC Members
Nov 7, 2020
Yep actually its very
Congrats on your tiny fry! It's always fun to find little survivors! Did you put it in a breeder net or what?
Actually its very improvised... I tried a breeder box but it ACTUALLY SLIPPED trough the water holes in the back and i quickly took it back out, then because breeder box wouldnt work im ashamed to say all i had left to do was wash a (glass) jar 18374 times and put a super dense net over it. And guess what, it worked ?

ConfusedCatfish

AC Members
Nov 7, 2020
Many of my fish explode with kiddos on me ?
In my case its just the guppies, outside i keep about 50 tiny saved native fish (water freezes in my region) getting ready to hibernate. Ive had them for about 3 years and no babies (oh thank god i wouldnt be able to house all the babies of 50 fish) but they probably just ate their own eggs

Reactions: Sprinkle

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
In my case its just the guppies, outside i keep about 50 tiny saved native fish (water freezes in my region) getting ready to hibernate. Ive had them for about 3 years and no babies (oh thank god i wouldnt be able to house all the babies of 50 fish) but they probably just ate their own eggs
Nice, what fish are these?

ConfusedCatfish

AC Members
Nov 7, 2020
Nice, what fish are these?
I scooped them from drying puddles. They were all very small when i got them, not exactly sure what species, my father says they're leuciscus leuciscus. Ive ben trying to keep the water as close as i can to how the habitat i found them in used to be when it was still healthy, and it works pretty well. They also nibble my hand a lot, especially when its covered with specks of food :)

Reactions: Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store