Went kayaking in the swamp today (LOAD WARNING)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BioHazard

Here and There
Mar 15, 2009
PA
Awesome photos! i can't BELIEVE the size of those fish. You GOTTA rent a flat bottom boat some time, and go fishing. You will look like a speedboat being pulled around the swamp!

Madcrawdad

The ONLY AC Mafia
Dec 29, 2006
Chicagoland
I can say for sure the fish are definitely not a gar, my gar pictures are the ones with the fins above the water. I'm thinking the bigger fish are some kind of carp, most likely a common carp, but they were pretty big. I was a little bummed I didn't see any alligators, but i did see an alligator turtle...
I caught a couple episodes of "Swamp People" on TLC recently, where they all hunt alligator. It'd probably be a wicked ride if you hooked a 12-foot gator and tried to land him in your kayak.

Go for it, and try to film if you can. :grinyes:

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
Great pictures! That's a mighty big fish

captaincaveman9

Innocent and Pure!
Oct 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Steve

piggy67

AC Members
Apr 24, 2008
Battle Creek, Mich.
Real Name
Dion
Nice pics CCM. Alabamy is purdy...

cfresh

AC Members
Sep 6, 2010
Poughkeepsie NY
That's a pretty gnarly fish in those pictures, it reminds of those giant catfish people catch by letting them try and eat their arm. I'm sure there is videos of it somewhere it's a pretty wild process. But nice pics!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store