Wet Spot fish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
I concidering buying from them. How much was their shipping? Thanks.

Sunlight

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
I can’t quite remember how much shipping was. I believe $50 for next day shipping. Fish were $30. They came with ich too so have a QT and medication on hand.

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
I can’t quite remember how much shipping was. I believe $50 for next day shipping. Fish were $30. They came with ich too so have a QT and medication on hand.
I assuming 2-3 day is cheaper. 50 is a bit much for me. Ok, ill watch for ich. I don't have a qt so I'll just have to monitor them. They do have good prices (on fish so....)
Anyway, tanks Sunlight.

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Shipping costs will vary depending on package weight, shipping distance and method of shipping. Your best bet is to figure out what and how many fish you want to buy and give them a call.

I always recommend quarantining new fish for a minimum of 2 weeks though 4 weeks is better especially if you already love the fish you have. You don't have to have a dedicated aquarium for quarantine, you can use clear totes of sufficient size, either an air driven filter or a small power filter and a proper size heater to accomplish the same thing. It's much cheaper IF you need to medicate new fish in a smaller or separate container.

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Shipping costs will vary depending on package weight, shipping distance and method of shipping. Your best bet is to figure out what and how many fish you want to buy and give them a call.

I always recommend quarantining new fish for a minimum of 2 weeks though 4 weeks is better especially if you already love the fish you have. You don't have to have a dedicated aquarium for quarantine, you can use clear totes of sufficient size, either an air driven filter or a small power filter and a proper size heater to accomplish the same thing. It's much cheaper IF you need to medicate new fish in a smaller or separate container.
Yes, I know. I just wanted an idea.

I would if I had room. Believe me! However at this time of my life I cant. It's too bad but oh well, noting I can do about it. Anyway, I guess m best bet would be to raise the temp to 87 for two weeks. But would that kill my plants?

Sunlight

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
Yes, I know. I just wanted an idea.

I would if I had room. Believe me! However at this time of my life I cant. It's too bad but oh well, noting I can do about it. Anyway, I guess m best bet would be to raise the temp to 87 for two weeks. But would that kill my plants?
Yeah that would probably do a number on some plants.

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Yeah that would probably do a number on some plants.
My thinking. Well, I'll just have to be careful and be ready to get meds if need be.

CichlidFins

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Real Name
Jay
Speaking of shipping, I would not cheap out on it, usually, it can be life or death. Shipping is one thing that is not cheap in the hobby, and WetSpot does not guarantee Live Arrival with Priority, and frankly, USPS sucks at shipping fish.

Reactions: Sunlight

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
I know. I'm still running the numbers.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I went to the Wet Spot a few years ago on a driving vacation (awesome shop!) & brought home very healthy rare fish rather than have them shipped. Shipping cost is always a consideration when getting fish online. Is it an unusual species? Have you asked if your local shop can order them for you? Sometimes they have to order like 50+, so unless they think they can sell them they won't do it. There are even a few Petco etc. stores that "can" order fish, ask around & talk to someone who actually decides not just "the help".

Many online sellers insist on overnight shipping these days although I had "priority mail" fish a few times several years ago that was fine. Be aware of your & their temps, spring is a pretty safe time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store