What am I missing?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Harlock

Educated Idiot
Dec 15, 2004
San Angelo, TX
members.cox.net
plain old fish said:
no i dont give up as there was no point of closing my thread all what was wrong is that it had nothing to do with fish but it was still on general chi-chat

and if i get off ill go on another one
You could go now and save us all the teenage dramatics?

dwayne

AC Members
Jul 12, 2001
Boston, MA
aknif said:
You're not missing a THING, OG.

As far as I'm concerned, all a person has to do to witness the degradation of humanity is to attend a professional sporting event. 90% of the people there are wasted out of their minds and doing everything in their power to make themselves look like complete morons.

I've yet to attend a sporting event and not catch a whiff of marijuana while I'm there. These are supposed to be "family" events. You need weed to enjoy a HOCKEY game??

You've got that guy that just SCREAMS at the top of his lungs the entire time, whether the game is going his way or not. He annoys every single person around him, but he doesn't care because, by-golly, he paid for his seat and he's going to do what he wants! No matter how much he ruins it for everyone around him.

You've got that tart who's barely got any clothes on and NEEDS to bounce up and down the stands 43 times to make sure everyone sees her. (Though the guys may pay extra for this perk)

We have friends right now who are looking for Bronco tickets at any cost. ANY COST! Um, why not put that $3,000 in your kids college fund, stay home on your warm, cushy sofa and order in pizza? What is SO GREAT about sitting packed in like sardines on a cold, hard stadium seat surrounded by mind numbing morons and deafening noise? I sure wouldn't pay for that!
I will concede that you see many, many drunken fans - I have YET to see/smell any evidence of weed at any professional sporting event... Maybe it's just around here where the stadiums are SO strict about the no smoking rules (but then again, they weren't so strict at the Paul McCartney concert last month... maybe becuase the lights were off?)

My son is 3 1/2 and has been to many hockey games over the last 2 years (NHL and AHL)... he has yet to attend a football game, becuase as much as he loves watching on tv, the tickets are a bit too steep to rationalize taking him, knowing he may not last the entire game (he DOES last an entire hockey game though)... we are not baseball or basketball fans... I would never take him to a game or other function where weed smoking was prevalent.

I will speak regarding hockey, since that's the sport I've attended the most (countless over my 32 years)... Every team has their handful of "freak" fans... the dude without a shirt doing a belly dance, and the guy who screeches at the top of his lungs thinking that that will help the goalie block a shot or the puck to make its way into the net. They are NOT the norm, not even a small percentage of the fans. Please don't group us together like that... it's entirely not fair.

As Tom stated, no sporting event is worth attending if it means my son will have to do without essentials. I may forego an essential for him if it means banking a SURE THING profit on ebay in the very near future (as I'm sure the dude that went w/out shoes was doing, I hope he was doing?), but fortunately that's not my life situation and I am therefore not forced to make such a decision...

Tara

edit... bad grammar!!

Last edited:

pbrack

GO SENS GO!
Oct 8, 2005
You need weed to enjoy a HOCKEY game??
I don't mean to sound insulting or anything, but it's OK to have a good time once in while. For me, Hockey is a religion. Every chance I get, I go see a game, whether it's juniors, university or NHL. It's my way of getting together with friends and having a good time. For me, I say the same thing for people who spend hours and hours reading fiction novels, it's basicaly useless in the end, but it may be entertaining for them.

I don't get the weed thing though...is that the big thing in the US? Stoned at Hockey games???

dwayne

AC Members
Jul 12, 2001
Boston, MA
pbrack said:
I don't get the weed thing though...is that the big thing in the US? Stoned at Hockey games???
LOL... don't forget, weed is illegal down here!! But like I said in my post, I have YET to see a stoner at a hockey game. Now go ahead and ask yourself, would you rather see a stoner or a drunk acting up at a hockey game? The answer? A stoner wouldn't act up... there's your argument for legalizing pot.

/\/\/\/\/
that's not meant as a hi-jack of the thread OG!

Nov 15, 2004
aknif said:
We have friends right now who are looking for Bronco tickets at any cost. ANY COST! Um, why not put that $3,000 in your kids college fund, stay home on your warm, cushy sofa and order in pizza? What is SO GREAT about sitting packed in like sardines on a cold, hard stadium seat surrounded by mind numbing morons and deafening noise? I sure wouldn't pay for that!

1) kids are jerks...
2) I'd give my left foot for some broncos tickets. Seriously, I'm not kidding. I would. Do not mess with a man and his sports. You don't know how many times I've punched my friends for hearing them say negative comments about the broncos. Or how many times I've had a book, rock, open beer, shoe (whatever's handy) thrown at me for cheering for Chicago Bears opponents. Or what it's like to go watch chiefs vs broncos IN arrowhead stadium wearing a "chiefs suck" shirt, and fearing for your life. Is it all worth it? Hell yes!

Seriously, my foot...c'mon, that's like two tickets :D

Debra Mark

Wench Boots!
Sep 29, 2004
Canada
Real Name
I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.....
As a die hard hockey fan (Canadian, eh!) I have to agree that there's not much better than attending a great game.

And no, SF...that WASN'T me....but you can see me in section II....I'm the one holding up Sub's left foot....;)

Walrus

Beatles fanatic
Jan 4, 2002
Missouri
sublime1184 said:
Or how many times I've had a book, rock, open beer, shoe (whatever's handy) thrown at me for cheering for Chicago Bears opponents. Or what it's like to go watch chiefs vs broncos IN arrowhead stadium wearing a "chiefs suck" shirt, and fearing for your life. Is it all worth it? Hell yes!
So your the guy everyone was throwing stuff at during the Chiefs/Bronco's game in December!

Seriously, I've seen people heckled at Chiefs games for wearing the wrong jersey but i haven't seen anyone get violent and try to hurt anyone (but i usually dont go to the Chiefs/Raiders games). Of course if you go to a Royals baseball game and wear the opposing teams jersey/colors you'll be welcomed with open arms just for buying a ticket.

I've never smelled pot smoke at a professional sporting event. College events and concerts are a whole different story!

aknif

...maybe the Dingo ate your baby!!
Dec 27, 2004
Denver, CO
Sub - I'm gonna have to straighten you out.... later.... ;)

And SIS! I am astounded! I'm gonna have to straighten you out too.... :D

But that's exactly my point... Attending a game and seeing one man beating the hell out of another because he's wearing the opposing teams jersey? That's ridiculous.

And yes, apparently weed is a big part of people's lives here in Denver because I cannot recall a sporting event or concert that I've been to here and NOT smelled weed. Maybe I just keep getting lucky with tickets in the pothead sections! :rolleyes:

Nov 15, 2004
aknif said:
Sub - I'm gonna have to straighten you out.... later.... ;)
I'll need to be straightened out after tomorrow morning

Walrus said:
So your the guy everyone was throwing stuff at during the Chiefs/Bronco's game in December!

Seriously, I've seen people heckled at Chiefs games for wearing the wrong jersey but i haven't seen anyone get violent and try to hurt anyone (but i usually dont go to the Chiefs/Raiders games). Of course if you go to a Royals baseball game and wear the opposing teams jersey/colors you'll be welcomed with open arms just for buying a ticket.

oh yes...when we road trip to KC, I always bring my sox gear...:sim: The best rivalry for us is sox vs cubs though...we have seen guys getting shirts ripped off for wearing sox in wrigley or cubs at the cell. Beers beeing poured on people and many fights. But, gotta love it! ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store