What are some of the larger tetra species?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MaryHM

AC Members
Jan 27, 2005
Austin, TX
Sheesh, SubRosa....that thing scared the crap out of me...whoddathunk I'd ever be scared by a tetra!

Dexmaster

Space Monkey
Mar 17, 2008
Michigan
Real Name
Jeremiah
The rainbow idea is a good way to go personally. Deep bodied fish with striking colors! Amazing!

captaincaveman9

Innocent and Pure!
Oct 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Steve
Diamond tetra

MaryHM

AC Members
Jan 27, 2005
Austin, TX
Great suggestions! Will any of these species school together, or if I got a couple different types just would they hang out in their little cliques and bring back bad memories of high school? ;)

KevG

AC Members
Jul 8, 2010
Mtl.Qc.Ca
bleeding hearts are beautiful.
They will be more aggressive with each other in small numbers so 5 or more is recommended.

KevG

AC Members
Jul 8, 2010
Mtl.Qc.Ca
I have oodles of different tetras and they all inter-mingle nicely.
neons, cardinals, black neons, glowlights, glass bloodfin all hang out together.
The larger tetras like red eyes and bleeding hearts keep to their own kind mostly but also only fight with their own kind.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009

StarStruck8

AC Members
Jun 9, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Lindsay
Great suggestions! Will any of these species school together, or if I got a couple different types just would they hang out in their little cliques and bring back bad memories of high school? ;)
My emperor tetras schooled together sometimes, other times they hung out near the bottom by themselves.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store