What do I do? I need life advice

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Crypts do.. the rest are stems, you should just need to bury them enough.

I would do 1-2" of sand I think.. but it's not an exact science.
I don't have the experience that Dougall does and I keep only hardy, relatively easy species of plants, but I always use 1.5" of soil capped by about 1" of sand. I have very little travel between sand and soil and no problem with snails burrowing into the soil layer that I've noticed.

WYite

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
I don't have the experience that Dougall does and I keep only hardy, relatively easy species of plants, but I always use 1.5" of soil capped by about 1" of sand. I have very little travel between sand and soil and no problem with snails burrowing into the soil layer that I've noticed.

WYite
So i could do sand capped over soil right? And so far you had no problems with snails burrowing into substrates? Then i should have no troubles :)

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Thanks all! <3 just one more query tho. Having hard time understanding my wormer. That is a weird sentence..

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I'm not a vet.. don't want to give crappy advice that can cause bigger problems..

Reactions: Sprinkle

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Thanks all! <3 just one more query tho. Having hard time understanding my wormer. That is a weird sentence..

Diseases and health issues have never been my strong point. I've always had good luck with selecting healthy stock and ordering from reputable dealers. The past 16 years I can count on my fingers how many times I've had health issues, and still have fingers left over.

Fishorama seems pretty knowledgeable with that stuff so you might hit her up. I don't know how to tag somebody in a post.

WYite

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
No worries! ☺ I could always ask on another board :)

Fishorama seems pretty knowledgeable with that stuff so you might hit her up. I don't know how to tag somebody in a post.

WYite
Use @ sign then name :) F fishorama

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Sprinkle Sprinkle test to see if it works. :)

WYite

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store