What do you feed?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
I have a tank with a Betta and a snail and soon they are getting an upgrade so I decided a school of 5 glowlights would be good. Right now I only feed Omega one however I noticed petsmart only carries Omega One flakes and I don't want my Betta eating flakes since they have a high risk of bloating. Can the tetras eat the betta food?

What would you do with this stocking?

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
NLS pellets, .5mm, is what I'd try. I bought some at Petco (definitely not the only vendor) and you can probably do the smallest size and last for a long time. It doesn't take much to feed them. I bought the next to smallest size at Petco about a year ago, and I still have half of it, and have quite a few more fish than you have in that tank. If you can find them, check out albino glowlights. They're pretty cool looking. *IF* you can find them, you might like them. Although, when I moved my glowlights from my 55 into my 10, let's just say that made it clear they were unhappy by remaining as inactive as they possibly could.

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
well our petco has THE most horrible selection of pet and small animal stuff so really petsmart is my only option

LOL yeah its going to be a total of 6 fish and 2-3 snails

Wren

AC Members
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
Real Name
Lisa
Food is easy to get mail order, if your local stores don't have what you want. Don't be afraid to ask if they can order it for you. They might be willing to special order to make a sale.

I use NLS also. Plus some others.

wren

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
can the tetras eat the Omega One betta pellets? I can't see much difference in the formulas

ZivaD

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
I've been using Omega flake for a good while, but just recently picked up some NLS (community). There are some fish in our tanks that LOVE the NLS (red-tail shark, rainbow shark, clown loaches, angels and rainbows) and some that have yet to give it a try (my daughter's livebearers)

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
I JUST bought the Omega one ... and the Betta will stay on that ... can they eat it as well or do they NEED a separate diet? I have heard NLS is great and I may try it later next time I buy food if they dont need it now

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
petsmart carries a large selection of Omega One including small pellets that I feed my bettas

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
Yes my Betta is eating their Betta Buffet ... I will look and see if they have small pellets when I go back next week.

Btw ... Omega One VS NLS ... I don't see how NLS is better

NLS
MAIN INGREDIENTS: Krill Meal, Fish Meal, Wheat Flour, Amino Acids, Algae Meal, Soybean Meal, Fish Oil, Beta Carotene, Spirulina, Vitamin A Acetate, D-Activated Animal- Sterol (D3), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin, Folic Acid, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine, Biotin. GUARANTEED ANALYSIS: Protein 34% Min., Fat 5% Min., Fiber 5% Max., Ash 9% Max., Moisture 10% Max.

Omega One
Ingredients:
Whole Salmon, Black Cod, Whole Heming, Seafood Mix(Including Krill, Shrimp and Octopus). Wheat Flour, Wheat Gluten, Soy Flour, Fresh Kelp, Lecithin, Astaxanthin, L-ascorbyl-2-poyphosphate (Vitamin C), Natural and Artificial Colors, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin D3, Ethoxyquin, Natural Mixed Tocopherals and Rosemary Extract (A preservative).

Guaranteed Analysis:

• Crude Protein (min) 42.0%
  • Crude Fat (min.) 11.0%
  • Crude Fiber (max.) 2.0%
  • Moisture (max.) 8.5%
  • Ash (max.) 8.0%
  • Phosphorus (min.) 0.5%
  • Omega 3 (min.) 2.0%
  • Omega 6 (min.) 1.0%

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com