What else can I add?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GuppyKeeper32

AC Members
Aug 5, 2016
I have South American Bumblebee catfish which would swallow the fry whole. I'm going to add females Thursday. Might move some males to the 37g and keep the silvers and Dalmatians in the 55. not sure yet.
The catfish would be in the breeder box? There should be no way for any fish to enter the breeder box. Here's a pic. (Not mine, off the internet.)

Gk

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 14 Pro Max
I have to get a breeder net soon. I had them try to get into the net once before. But not all the way. I want to breed mollys again, tanks big enough for them. Just need to buy a larger filter, more along the lines of a canister filter.

Here's pictures of most of the mollys I got.
IMG_5788.JPG IMG_5791.JPG IMG_5794.JPG IMG_5796.JPG IMG_5797.JPG IMG_5801.JPG

GuppyKeeper32

AC Members
Aug 5, 2016
I have to get a breeder net soon. I had them try to get into the net once before. But not all the way. I want to breed mollys again, tanks big enough for them. Just need to buy a larger filter, more along the lines of a canister filter.

Here's pictures of most of the mollys I got.
View attachment 218076 View attachment 218077 View attachment 218078 View attachment 218079 View attachment 218080 View attachment 218081
Nice fish! Your dalmatians look like they came from good genetic lines. Where'd you get them? Lfs, or a chain store?

GK

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 14 Pro Max
Believe it or not they came from a chain store. It's hit or miss with those stores. But that's all I have around me now, sadly.

They have a blue sheen on their dorsal and tail. I wanted them cause of that and they looked different from the others I've seen. I've kept midnight mollys years ago that had gold trim on their dorsal and tail.

GuppyKeeper32

AC Members
Aug 5, 2016
Believe it or not they came from a chain store. It's hit or miss with those stores. But that's all I have around me now, sadly.

They have a blue sheen on their dorsal and tail. I wanted them cause of that and they looked different from the others I've seen. I've kept midnight mollys years ago that had gold trim on their dorsal and tail.
I feel you. I've been forced to buy more and more from places like Petsmart, and I've gotten a lot of great fish, and a lot of bad ones.

Gk

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 14 Pro Max
I can't buy platys, swordtails or guppies without them dying quickly. Mollys seem to like my water and go on forever. Currently watching the mollys pluck algae off the glass. They eat great and right away. The other livebearers don't eat at all, once they do, I find them dead a day later.

It's either PetSmart or Petco for me. My angel, loach and danios came from Petco and the mollys, tetras, and all my catfish came from petsmart. 2 of those catfish are 8 yrs old, normal life span of them is 5. (from what I read of many different sites on them)

GuppyKeeper32

AC Members
Aug 5, 2016
Weird. They shouldn't be dying like that. I like petsmart much better, just overall, employees, fish health, and variety.

Gk

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
If it happens frequently like that, you might want to think about your acclimation procedures.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 14 Pro Max
Never had an issue with all other fish, besides the Swordtails, Guppys, and Platys. I don't put water from the bags into the tank. I've tried dripping, but always lost fish that way. I can move fish from one tank to another with no issue, both tanks stay at the same temp.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store