What?! Even the vet doesn't know better!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
We apologize for the inconvenience earlier, guys. Thread reopened but please do not make any rehash on the earlier issues. Thanks!

PallasAthena

AC Members
May 17, 2009
Jennie Beth, did you talk to your vet about it? What did he or she say? It sounds like an opportunity to educate someone about the needs of goldfish.

I was really fortunate and grew up in College Station and we had friends who taught at the Texas A&M vet school. One was even a fish vet! Can you believe it? I always went to her for advice. She's the one who helped me with the fin rot in my betta when I was a kid. There are fish friendly vets out there, but mostly it's people like the good folks here handing down the knowledge to others who go out seeking it. Hopefully you got the chance to talk to this vet about why it's not okay to keep goldfish in bowls. It's such an old cliche, it seems that most people probably don't even think twice about it! :( Makes me really sad. But maybe a good talk with the vet can add another one to the list of seekers like who come here.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store