What fish eat this hair algae?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lucas9919

AC Members
Jan 28, 2007
Toronto, Canada

My hair algae looks like this but alot more and the algae is growing on the free floating java moss that i have in the tank. I have to 2, 2.5 inch mollies that aren't touching it. What fish eat this exact algae that is in the picture not the stuff that grows on leaves that other people are talking about? Please only people that actually had this algae answer this question not people with second hand information because i don't want to waste money like i did with the mollies. My tank has the perfect chemical balace it just happened when i introduced water from my backyard pond. Yes i know, stupid mistake. The java moss was perfect before.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Mollies and Jordanella floridae. If this is a community, you don't want the latter. I find them aggressive to say the least.

Lucas9919

AC Members
Jan 28, 2007
Toronto, Canada
I have 2 mollies 5 small ablino pleco around 2 inches and 25 baby platies about 1.5 cm at the most. I add nothing to the water but dechlorinator with the water changes that I do 30 percent every 2 weeks. The tank is a 25 gallon. All the parameters are perfect

GreenTerr0

AC Members
Dec 7, 2005
i believe there called chinease simaese algae eaters.. they especially work well with the hair algae since they have teeth and they dont damage plants.... btw lucas im from toronto alsoooo where do u buy your fish from.... about an hour ago i was at the big als on steeles in thornhill lol.

GreenTerr0

AC Members
Dec 7, 2005
im not sure... i know they have those algae eaters though i bought 3 for like 7 bucks last week.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store