What fish eat this hair algae?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
The mollies have done nothing. Did they work with you with this type of algae
Well, I used to have them and they do eat hair algae in my pond.;) As for the flagfish, I feed them hair algae I grabbed from my pond.

Check your pm options please because I received a notice.;)
Lucas9919 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private
messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
i believe there called chinease simaese algae eaters.. they especially work well with the hair algae since they have teeth and they dont damage plants.... btw lucas im from toronto alsoooo where do u buy your fish from.... about an hour ago i was at the big als on steeles in thornhill lol.
Is this CAE or SAE? Besides aggression issues on CAEs, they can eventually be a PITA to catch.:rolleyes:

jagr200

AC Members
Oct 3, 2007
America
I have 2 mollies 5 small ablino pleco around 2 inches and 25 baby platies about 1.5 cm at the most. I add nothing to the water but dechlorinator with the water changes that I do 30 percent every 2 weeks. The tank is a 25 gallon. All the parameters are perfect

Thats your problem right there. You need to do atleast a 15% water change EVERY week. I have been doing a 15% change every week and have never had a problem with water quality or any kind of algae.

j_chicago

Usually Drunk
May 12, 2007
Chicago, Il
Real Name
Jason
Thats your problem right there. You need to do atleast a 15% water change EVERY week. I have been doing a 15% change every week and have never had a problem with water quality or any kind of algae.
it depends on the water co. / water para. I change 50% every 7-10 days (when I have time) and have hair algae.

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
I have tons of hair algae, it's a constant problem in my 10 gallon, even when I do biweekly water changes. I'm sure it's a combination of a nutrient imbalance and a lot of light, but I've yet to be able to conquer it. I've been able to keep it at bay by constantly removing it manually, using tweezers to swirl it into thicker tufts and yank it out... but that only does so much. not sure what to reccomend, best of luck

iamgroovy

Nature Lover
Jul 7, 2005
PA USA
I have tons of hair algae, it's a constant problem in my 10 gallon, even when I do biweekly water changes. I'm sure it's a combination of a nutrient imbalance and a lot of light, but I've yet to be able to conquer it. I've been able to keep it at bay by constantly removing it manually, using tweezers to swirl it into thicker tufts and yank it out... but that only does so much. not sure what to reccomend, best of luck
I have some hair algae in my 20g. I twirl a toothbrush (purchased just for the fish tank) around in it when it gets out of hand, works pretty well...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store