what is/are your biggest rants in the hobby

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Cleaning filters every however many months. And everything about my salt tank. /rant.

to3k3n33-bet you're happy with Newcastle this season, eh?

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
friends buying fish and disregarding advice...

and the limits of money/space

digitalphrage

oh god how did this get here i am n
Coming home from work (near the end of November) and seeing that the indoor temperature is 81F.

It's hard to justify turning the AC on this time of year, and it's not something I think of before going to work in the morning when it's still in the 50's outside. But, I have a few cool water fish species that prefer temps in the upper 60's to low 70's, so a sudden spike in temp could potentially cause issues.

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011

nahrie

AC Members
Feb 16, 2009
Canby, OR
Real Name
Julie
Employees without a clue. Example that happened to me yesterday when my husband was curious about a pictus catfish they had and I asked how big they got: "It depends on how big your tank is. What do you have?" Insert facepalm here. I don't even know why I bothered to answer her. "A 55 gallon. I was thinking about putting angelfish and blackskirt tetras in it." She then tried to tell me that blackskirt tetras are AGGRESSIVE and will beat up the angelfish all the time. Also you know angelfish are cichlids right?" I told her that I did. Becoming confused, I asked if there was a tetra she recommended instead because I wanted tetras that were large enough my angelfish wouldn't eat them. "Tetras really only go with tetras. You can't keep them with anything else. EVER." This woman was full of epic fail all over the place. I will never shop there again. I worry about what idiotic things she teaches people who are new to the hobby and how much they fail with their new tanks based on the insane things they learn in this shop.

nahrie

AC Members
Feb 16, 2009
Canby, OR
Real Name
Julie
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store