What is so great about Oceanic Tanks?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

oowl

AC Members
Sep 5, 2008
Thicker glass (heavier), nicer frame, more tidy siliconed edges (especially looks nice when black silicone), some models use Starphire glass in the front viewing panel.

Lowryder

AC Members
Feb 16, 2010
Dirty Jerzey
Exactly. Its more of a show tank. They are great to look at but not worth the price IMO. Plus, I had an oceanic and I found the thicker tank made it have a greenish tink, moreso that a regular tank.

oowl

AC Members
Sep 5, 2008
Oceanic made a 58-gallon with Starphire glass front glass (e.g., CLEARER and NOT "green"). Your used tank may be one of those. I actually prefer the better workmanship of the Oceanic tanks. If you purchase used, you seldom pay more than for a cheaper tank, gallon for gallon. Personally, I go with the Oceanics.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I know the guy said the tank and stand was really expensive (even by oceanic standards), but people always seem to exaggerate. It's a long drive, but I'm thinking it may be worth it.

How much it is worth is always up to the buyer. I have always liked the look of Oceanic tanks. They are more expensive, but I think they carry a lifetime warranty. They each have a serial number under the side rim.

tyler79durdan

Director Of Plantasia?
Dec 12, 2009
Michigan
aaronspet.webs.com
My setup is Oceanic and has deep scratches from the prior owner, built-in cornerflow, and is euro-braced! This tank is SOLID, and VERY, VERY heavy!

I love my tank and Oceanic!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store