What is this guppie strain?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Looks like a double swordtail, not sure of the color morph. I'm pretty sure it isn't wild due to the uniformity of the color on the body. Wild caught or feeders usually have a more variable body coloring with spots of varying color intermingling with silver areas.

I haven't seen a fixed domestic strain one of those in years. Places around here generally never stock anything but veiltails.

WYite

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Guppies and endlers are different species so what you have is a hybrid.

Reactions: fishorama

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Guppies and endlers are different species so what you have is a hybrid.
+1, lol. I just read the title and looked at the pics and assumed he was a pure guppy, lol. I'm bad about that. I need to be a little more conscientious about actually reading posts. Sorry I started you off in the wrong direction, Sprinkle.

WYite

Reactions: Sprinkle

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Blonde Endler hybrid.

Maybe

Need to tell when older,kind of difficult as a fry. And not sure there will be an official name for the color +fin combination with it being a hybrid

?

To get an IFGA recognized name, you will need a few pure generations etc.. but you can just choose your own name.

Reactions: Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store