What Operating System do you use?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fresh250

Fishaholic
May 5, 2009
Massachusetts, USA
anything i can pirate... currently testing the waters of windows 7 but my fav till now has been xp pro

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Unix IS proprietary and owned by IBM or Sun I forget which. If you mean Linux which is based on the UNIX kernel, it is free within the terms of the GPL. Most flavors of LINUX OS are freely given away.

I use multiple LINUX OS's (still trying to figure out if I like KDE or gnome) as well as Windows 98, XP and Windows 7.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Windows 7 and I don't ever plan on going back.
So far I am in agreement with you. But I have clients that still use DOS, 98, 2000, XP. Trying to get some of these clients out of the computer stone age is harder than stuffing a whale into a fishbowl!

arachnar

AC Members
Jan 4, 2009
Vista, laptop.

ch-47 soldier

AC Members
Mar 17, 2009
unfortunately vista. would upgrade to 7 but the internet out here is way too slow and waiting 11+ hours for my drivers to download isnt really an option

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
So far I am in agreement with you. But I have clients that still use DOS, 98, 2000, XP. Trying to get some of these clients out of the computer stone age is harder than stuffing a whale into a fishbowl!
Well, I was definitely skeptical at first, especially since I never bothered trying the beta when I should have. But it made me a believer pretty quickly, not necessarily in terms of speed, but stability. I have had zero issues with system stability with Windows 7 so far and I really, really like that. I hate having to use backups to restore everything when something goes awry. I've now installed it on all my computers and even my grandparents' computer at their place. We all love it.

tvolkmann80

Registered Member
Jul 21, 2005
XP, but I tried the Win7 release candidate and would consider going that route if I built another computer. 7 is definitely a huge improvement over "the dreaded Vista".

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store