What pump do you use?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

heedicus

aqua-nerd in training
Dec 23, 2001
Boise, ID
www.skijor.bravepages.com
hello all,
Its still cold but getting close to ponding season up here in idaho. I am in the process of finishing off my pond in my new backyard. I am looking for a pump to run the skimmer and the two waterfalls. I have one waterfall that can handle about 3000 gph and there is also a stream that will start out in a little preformed pond and stream down into the other ponds.
About 5 feet of head or so,
any sugguestions? I would prefer to have one pump and T it. I can run it inline or put it in the skimmer doesnt really matter to me.
Thanks!
tren

goldfish freak

AC Members
Oct 16, 2001
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hey TJ I just took at your ponds on your web site. They are very nicely done. I like that water fall. Does the small pond coonect with the big pond? I couldn't really tell by the photos. I will one day have a koi pond of my own, hopefully it will be indoors in a green house connected to my house.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
Tren- you worried about energy efficiency at all?

An ampmaster 3000 would do about 2800GPH at 5 ft of head, but only pull 1.3 amps doing it.

heedicus

aqua-nerd in training
Dec 23, 2001
Boise, ID
www.skijor.bravepages.com
slip,
yes i am, I was hoping to find somthing with a little less pull=)
tj how do you like the external pump gig?
Is it more convenient than the submersible pump?
t

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store