what to feed my albino red tail?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lucid_boy

cancer
May 19, 2007
Salt Lake City, UT
hello I have 3 albino red-tailed sharks and I am currently feeding them those shrimp pellets but I was just wondering what else they might enjoy. I like them and want to give them as much variety as possible, thanks in advance

polypterus101

AC Members
May 6, 2007
what's the size of the tank they're in?

lucid_boy

cancer
May 19, 2007
Salt Lake City, UT
you see I read that on the internet somewhere, the LFS, they assured me that they would be ok, I do not even want to mention the tank size...but that it why I purchased a 55gal tank to put them in. I am in the stages of setting it up right now. but they are very young...that makes me sad to have to give them back, would a 55gal be sufficient if it had a lot of hinding spaces?

lucid_boy

cancer
May 19, 2007
Salt Lake City, UT
so... I have 2 tanks now but one has a goldfish in it. are they going to be hostile towards other fish if I decide to put more in the 55gal someday? also 2 in a 55 gal is still to many??? thanks in advance

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
I had 2 and they killed each other... and as far as putting them in with goldfish, they require different parameters than goldies, it wouldn't be a good idea either. I'm sorry...

lucid_boy

cancer
May 19, 2007
Salt Lake City, UT
ok...so I will get a tank seperator and then I can keep 2 of them...or will they still sense eachother and bug out?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store