What's a good tank mate for kribs?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

johnnydp11

AC Members
Jul 22, 2008
Greensboro, North Carolina
yeah they get pretty rough when breeding. If I were to be adding other fish, I would only put in one spawning cave in one corner of the tank leaving as much space as possible for the dithers. They will stay in the corner most of the time when spawning but anything bigger than a neon they'll come across the tank to chase it. I think a few zebra danios should be ok but you won't be able to keep many.

How is your tank set-up? that is what will determine your tank mates I think
It a 20 gallon wide. I got a bunch of live plants. I got rocks set up like a cave and I got a flower pot in there. I'm using pebbles as substrate. That's pretty much how it's set up. Is that what you meant?

nguyendetecting

"Swim along with the snorks"
Jul 31, 2008
Tallahassee, Fl
www.youtube.com
Well I 20 long would be a lot better than tall, so you should be able to keep a few other dither fish in there. Pretty much you don't want them breeding right smack in the middle of the tank. In a 20 long they should be fine if they're kept in one corner doing their thing. I'd put the pot on one side with a stack of rocks on the other. The kribs will pick their spawning place and the rest can be with your plants and etc. Just don't put anything center that they can claim and spawn in. Goodluck

johnnydp11

AC Members
Jul 22, 2008
Greensboro, North Carolina
Well I 20 long would be a lot better than tall, so you should be able to keep a few other dither fish in there. Pretty much you don't want them breeding right smack in the middle of the tank. In a 20 long they should be fine if they're kept in one corner doing their thing. I'd put the pot on one side with a stack of rocks on the other. The kribs will pick their spawning place and the rest can be with your plants and etc. Just don't put anything center that they can claim and spawn in. Goodluck
Ok, sounds good!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store