whats going on!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gregoryelliottj

AC Members
Dec 31, 2005
my mate has a featherd syno and it is about 7 inches long and it has killed two clown loach, a neon and 1 red dawrf gourami i thought these fish were friendly peaceful characters that hid away all day is there a reason for this killing or has he just been unlucky and bought an evil one

Flowerhorn916

AC Members
Dec 27, 2005
Sacramento, Ca
Well is he just eating off all there fins? If thats what he is doing I am not surprised.

pl*co

Feeds low on the food chain
Jul 18, 2004
Michigan
I've read profiles that say they are peaceful, but they are actually semi-agressive. As with any fish, it depends on the fish itself. Some are more agressive than others, even within the same species. My Featherfin will fight back, but will only go so far before it gets passive when up against a more agressive fish like a cichlid, but does not bother other less agressive fish. On the other hand, some of the experiences of other owners that I have read talk about their Featherfins being quite agressive, while others are even more peaceful than mine.

Flowerhorn916

AC Members
Dec 27, 2005
Sacramento, Ca
My 3.5" Synodontis Ocellifer ate most of my 3" sun cats fins off so I know they can be pretty aggressive if they want.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store