Whats the strangest combination of fish you've seen in a tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

shenzhenluohan

土包子
May 28, 2009
Shenzhen, China
Today while on a tutoring job I saw 3 Blood parrots, a pile of livebearers, a male betta, a small BGK, a featherfin cat, and 6 tiger barbs in a 200 liter tank, and everyone looks happy and healthy!! My student said she's had the tank with the current residents for over a month with no problems.
So what combos that shouldn't work have you come across?

kayla25690

AC Members
Oct 25, 2008
west virginia
the strangest combination of fish i have ever seen was goldfish with tropical fish in an unheated tank with lots of livebearer's fry!!!!

shenzhenluohan

土包子
May 28, 2009
Shenzhen, China
the strangest combination of fish i have ever seen was goldfish with tropical fish in an unheated tank with lots of livebearer's fry!!!!
I see that quite often here, but room temp. is 25-35 most of the year so people figure they can get away with having the two types of fish together i guess.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
My uncle once had a 12" Red Devil with a 8" Fahaka Puffer with a 9-11" Red Eared Slider Turtle ands some amano shrimp which never got eaten they were to fast.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
saltwater and freshwater fish in the same tank.

Dr. Awkward

AC Members
Jan 11, 2009
Texas
The Indian restaurant by my house (now closed) had a 30 gallon with 10 or so mixed goldfish, two koi, three iridescent sharks, one silver dollar, half a dozen fancy guppies and a betta. Everytime we went in there they had a different combo but that was the funniest. At least they weren't afraid to but a betta in a community tank!

LuciferSam

AC Members
Jun 4, 2009
Mine... Archers, A Delhezi Bichir, and BN pleco... just looks odd.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store