What's up with my tang?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mcsassy

professional fool
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Oh and sometimes chopped krill.

mcsassy

professional fool
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
So I fed the tank this morning...I usually feed in the middle of the day. He is the only one that didn't eat...but shortly after he started grazing the rocks as usual...should I add maracyn-two marine just for safe measure?

AquatiCreations

Registered something or another...
Feb 25, 2008
My fish usually dont eat until they "wake up" it takes em about 5mins for the light to be on until they eat.

mcsassy

professional fool
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Ya he stopped going crazy for the most part. He does it very rarely now...it's ever since I cleaned the glass last...maybe he really liked eating algae from that one spot I guess haha.

mcsassy

professional fool
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Well he's back at it...I wonder what it could be. Should I medicate anyways? I don't know if it could be serious...

catnipgal

Here Fishy Fishy
Jun 26, 2008
Chicago - Windy City, USA
silly suggestion

Well he's back at it...I wonder what it could be. Should I medicate anyways? I don't know if it could be serious...
I have a silly suggestion. What if you taped a picture of another fish, or plant on the outside of the glass that he rams?

it stopped birds from flying into my windows.

park83

AC Members
Dec 2, 2006
central PA
I think my yellow tang sees a reflection once the lights in the room go out, thats when he starts acting funny. But he's growing, healthy, and very yellow; so as of now, im not worried.

Boltster

AC Members
Dec 4, 2007
I think my yellow tang sees a reflection once the lights in the room go out, thats when he starts acting funny. But he's growing, healthy, and very yellow; so as of now, im not worried.

I agree. He probably sees his reflection and they show aggression by backing their tail into it. Mine did it several times a day on the sides. My tank is recessed in a wall and the sides have blue reflection foil on them. The back I don't clean so saw himself in the side glass. My male mandarin does the same thing. Looks at himself and raises his dorsal fin and pecks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store