Where do you get your angels?8&

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I don't,

But I would be going to a breeder or through a local club if I did.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
I concur with dougal. The best source for many angels would be local breeders, This generally means the fish have been raised in local water parameters similar to yours. I have only kept two different angels. My first were DD blacks which spawned in my tanks and are the reasom I do not breed angels (500+ eggs/spawn). The second angel I have hept I still keephave now, they are wild caught Altums.

If you have a local fish club, join it. The odds are memebers will be breeding a wide assortment of fish and at least one or more will be working with angels.

DaisyTattoo

AC Members
Jan 11, 2006
Illinois
We have a local fish club, but they only have auctions twice a year. Next one being October. I don’t know how to “join” the club. I used to always get my angels at the auctions, but I’m ready for some now lol

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Most clubs have a website & forum. Join it & post up a wanted to buy angels locally & see what you hear. Are you looking for a particular color/fin shape? You may have to look farther afield but you may find just what you want within driving distance. An hours' drive in gas is less than shipping from almost anywhere. Keep that in mind...

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Most clubs have a website & forum. Join it & post up a wanted to buy angels locally & see what you hear. Are you looking for a particular color/fin shape? You may have to look farther afield but you may find just what you want within driving distance. An hours' drive in gas is less than shipping from almost anywhere. Keep that in mind...
This.... and facebook too

Reactions: DaisyTattoo

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
I tried several from LFS but they all died within a week; so i turned to ebay and brought some from a breeder 6 weeks ago; these guys have been fantastic with regards to health and behavior. They started around nickel size and are now around 3 1/2 inches (body excluding fin); and growing fast. I had purchased 8 with expectation 1/2 would die (from lfs experience) but 0 deaths.

Reactions: DaisyTattoo
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store