Where oh where has everyone gone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
^^ **mafia scum**

;)

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Just not enough players the last few times we tried...

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I'll try again soon...they were fun and entertaining... may have to do longer days to give time for folks to respond.

Big Bass

Banned
Mar 2, 2016
USA / Indiana
www.aquariacentral.com
Camera Used
Polaroid SuperColor 645 CL
Im retired now but have been in the hobby for something over 30 years. When i retired 5 years ago, i thought i would build a forum of my own just to fool with the software and technical side of forums since i had kept everything under the sun already including salt and native fishes, yep i was also a NANFA nut for awhile. What a mistake, i bought or used every software out there, started a dozen forums under different genre and nothing took off. But go to Facebook and there a hundreds of "Groups" to join all thriving. Its a hurry up world they pop in on their smart phones do a quick once over and they are off to some other diversion, twixting or whatever. I hate it, think i have just out lived my usefulness.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nah..always some old farts like us on the die-hard forums to help folks..... ;)

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
I was just talking about this with a fellow fish lover and you are right! People don't use forums to connect with like minded people anymore, they go to facebook. Which I find extremely in personal with no real way to have an archive of searchable knowledge. I am only 33 and I hate this new approach, guess I'm old enough to be out of date though huh? :oops: I know the man who got me into fish is an old timer and STILL won't use the internet, so is the way of things. :)

Big Bass

Banned
Mar 2, 2016
USA / Indiana
www.aquariacentral.com
Camera Used
Polaroid SuperColor 645 CL
LMAO i was on a forum today that has over 28,000 registered members, that was my first forum. it now has 3 supermods that never post anything useful, a couple of kids that just to want to have some kind of drama going on or name that tune posts, that run on forever, and a forum admin that never posts anything, but the occasional plagiarized article, stays awhile looking at who knows what for 10 minutes and then gone for a few days. Sad. not only are the big good old forums dead, the owners/admins dont seem to be trying to salvage whats left. Thank God for MFK and AquariaCentral.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store