Where oh where has everyone gone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
Not sure if Dave is there or elsewhere.

and if you could find somewhere that people can access chat from work... that would be more swell than something that's very swell indeed. :)
Gee, Mr. Wilson, that IS swell! lol

Just own your own business and then you will be the boss and do what you want on the Internet :) Trust me... It's swell!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Malbri

User
Dec 11, 2006
I haven't had fish for a few years and I still pop in :p I gave my tank to my mother when I went to Africa last year, and even now that I'm back in Maine I don't dare to start anything back up since I am hoping to relocate out west soon.

Dixon

AC Members
Feb 16, 2006
Sunderland UK
I stopped keeping fish a few years ago mainly as I like to travel so looking after large tanks and not being at home did not work. I still pop in now and then but it's rare.

mermaiden78

AC Members
Oct 23, 2005
Mobile Alabama
Real Name
Dana
I just finished this semester of College and I have a lot more time to dedicate to the hobby. I am so glad to be back. I have missed it so much. I really do miss the old crew but it seems we have a few that are regulars again. So we can just roll with it.... Still want me to get the POTM back going again?

Captain Jim

AC Members
May 12, 2012
A lot of things have changed..much unhappily..economy has peoples nerves about shot,..I know my little town has almost dwindled to a crawl..shops having bad time,..a lot of poor shippers on-line, I think. Things will stabilize.

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
I haven't had fish for a few years and I still pop in :p I gave my tank to my mother when I went to Africa last year, and even now that I'm back in Maine I don't dare to start anything back up since I am hoping to relocate out west soon.
sorry you have to stick to the east coast.

roliva

Dovii/Umbee Fanatic
Feb 23, 2004
Lehigh Valley, PA
Yeah tough economy. I remember here in the Lehigh Valley, PA there were at least 3 shops I frequented weekly years ago. So many types of African and central american cichlids on display. Now it's just the pet store chains.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Yeah tough economy. I remember here in the Lehigh Valley, PA there were at least 3 shops I frequented weekly years ago. So many types of African and central american cichlids on display. Now it's just the pet store chains.
There's still, at least, American Aquarium and Something Fishy both of which are somewhat decent.

But I agree, not terribly many options in the Poconos either. There are still plenty of options if you head out into North Jersey.

I think that the hobby is just changing, it's not just the economy, There's a lot more breeding being done at home, fry and juvenile fish being sold online and at local fish societies rather then bought from pet stores. Thanks to the internet there are more people opening basement fish stores, selling online rather than a physical storefront, posting weekly stock lists to Facebook rather than opening their doors to everyone every day.

You might want to take a look on Facebook for the newly resurrected Lehigh Valley Aquarium Society; There are people selling fish on there, but if you really want to go browsing, I'll suggest you take a day and drive out 22 into NJ and then back along 46, there are still plenty of stores that are worth browsing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store