Which aquascape looks best?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
i think it looks great as is. and that 'bone shaped' rock in the front is neato!

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
Since the decision has been made I'll just say this last rock set up looks really nice.
Was just wondering about the stone, hate to be a downer but would anything like sandstone change anything about your water? Actually I was going to buy a nice piece of rock yesterday and the guy told me not to because it was sandstone. I hope not because I like your rock very much, looks super in there.

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
Since the decision has been made I'll just say this last rock set up looks really nice.
Was just wondering about the stone, hate to be a downer but would anything like sandstone change anything about your water? Actually I was going to buy a nice piece of rock yesterday and the guy told me not to because it was sandstone. I hope not because I like your rock very much, looks super in there.
I'm not 100% such if it's sandstone. From what I read sandstone may raise ph some, just have to test it. Also I've read that you can do a vinegar test, if the it frizzes on the rock, don't use. If not, it'll be safe, but always best to test the water.

Currently getting ready to do a test on a piece in a bucket, planning to allow it to set for day, test the water, refill, test, etc..

Sigrid

AC Members
Jan 8, 2011
both hands in fish tank
Real Name
Bristlenose
I like #1 as there are nice areas to place tall plants behind the rocks Anubias nana onto the rocks and low grassy plants as a carpet in front.

Don't forget to add a background to the tank - either a picture or a painting job from the outside. One should not be able to see all the hardware behind the tank.
Happy decorating.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store