Which came first? Fish or pond?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Which one of these fits you best?

• I got a pond and then decided that it needed fish.

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • I wanted to put such and such a fish in a pond and then built a pond suitable for them.

Votes: 19 55.9%

• Total voters

graysilm

AC Members
Nov 9, 2005
i have a pond in my yard that was there when i moved into my place. it was full of leaves and pinestraw and silt. after cleaning it out i realized that there was a nice size orange koi living in there. no one had been feeding him in months since my house was vacant for a while before i moved in. Sadly when my town was hit by Hurricane ophelia last fall the pond overflowed and i found the koi dead in the yard a few days later. Since then my dog played in the pond a lot and tore up the plastic liner so my new project is to replace the liner. I will think about fish after that.

RTR

AC Members
Oct 5, 1998
Braddock Heights, MD
When I was a kid we had a lily pond with attached bog garden. Those I have done myself have been integrated designs - a Koi pond is nothing like an ornamental lily pond, so the question does not mean a lot.

frloplady

AC Members
graysilm said:
i have a pond in my yard that was there when i moved into my place. it was full of leaves and pinestraw and silt. after cleaning it out i realized that there was a nice size orange koi living in there. no one had been feeding him in months since my house was vacant for a while before i moved in. Sadly when my town was hit by Hurricane ophelia last fall the pond overflowed and i found the koi dead in the yard a few days later. Since then my dog played in the pond a lot and tore up the plastic liner so my new project is to replace the liner. I will think about fish after that.

Go with a good EPDM 45 mil or better rubber liner. I tried the cheap route with 20 mil pvc..and it cost more in the long run....ended up getting the rubber liner the next summer :mad:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store