Which could be kept with aggressive clowns?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

WateryWorld

Girl out of water
Oct 27, 2008
Louisville KY
If I get a mated pair of maroon clowns, or other aggressive clowns... (I'm considering going with this type of fish and not having other fish, and not having most softer stuff they'd tear up. I would have live rock.)

Can I still have starfish? I am guessing no, but I thought I would ask.

I am interested in many other inverts too... I really want a crab or hermit crab that's at least 2 or 3 inches... and non-hiding shrimp would be nice... what would be compatible?

I couldn't have anything like feather dusters?

Jstdv8

AC Members
Feb 22, 2010
while I'm not an expert I don't beleive they are going to be aggressive towards anything except things they find as a threat like other fish, possibly a shrimp. I don't see why feather dusters or corals would be a problem.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
How big is the tank? What species of clownfish? Will there be an anemone involved? If you had a pair of maroon clownfish in a small tank with an anemone, some motile invertebrates will be chased away from the general area of the anemone, but usually no further. I've watched them pick up starfish and move them, but never any damage from it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store