Which kind of goldfish is friendliest?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TabisFish

AC Members
Jan 21, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
Real Name
Tabi Underwood
Goldfish are all really friendly and a little timid. I think the googly eyed calico ones are so cute!!

cryeth_the_raven

fumbling towards ecstasy
Feb 10, 2009
CT
Real Name
Trev
WHAT SIZE TANK DO YOU HAVE?? GOLDISH NEED 100 GALLONS EACH YOU KNOW. YOU DIDN'T ASK ABOUT TANK SIZE BUT I'M HERE AND READY TO JUMP ON YOU ABOUT IT. I AM A TANK SIZE COP- HEAR ME ROAR.

Lol jk. Almost any goldfish is friendly.. but as you may know the fancy varietys tend to be a bit more placid. This is in part due to their physical design; they just can't swim as quickly as their common counterpart can. I have three fancies right now and they're very friendly- if a bit shy at times.

Piranha86

AC Members
Dec 26, 2009
Harford County Maryland
Real Name
Will
WHAT SIZE TANK DO YOU HAVE?? GOLDISH NEED 100 GALLONS EACH YOU KNOW. YOU DIDN'T ASK ABOUT TANK SIZE BUT I'M HERE AND READY TO JUMP ON YOU ABOUT IT. I AM A TANK SIZE COP- HEAR ME ROAR.

Lol jk. Almost any goldfish is friendly.. but as you may know the fancy varietys tend to be a bit more placid. This is in part due to their physical design; they just can't swim as quickly as their common counterpart can. I have three fancies right now and they're very friendly- if a bit shy at times.
:lol:
Ok. I can't decide b/t black moors and orandas. I'll have to figure it out...

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
I *think* black moors are smaller, so I would go with just for ease of filtration and care (unless you go a nice size tank)

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
I have moors and orandas. They are roughly the same size. Orandas can get as large as large bread plates. Mine fill the palm of my hand easily. Personally, I think Moors are one of the coolest fish out there, but I'm a little partial, as you can see from my avatar! :)

Piranha86

AC Members
Dec 26, 2009
Harford County Maryland
Real Name
Will
So how big is the tank you're gonna put them in?
If I do decide to, it'll be a 37 with 2 Tetra PF40 filters.
I *think* black moors are smaller, so I would go with just for ease of filtration and care (unless you go a nice size tank)
I like moors. I have 2 in my pond.
I have moors and orandas. They are roughly the same size. Orandas can get as large as large bread plates. Mine fill the palm of my hand easily. Personally, I think Moors are one of the coolest fish out there, but I'm a little partial, as you can see from my avatar! :)
I think they're pretty cool, too.

What I think I'll do, I'll keep them in my tank for a while, and if they do end up getting too big, I'll put them in my 70g pond with the 2 other ones.

jenricae

AC Members
Dec 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC Canada
I`ve got a few Orandas and they are friendly as a puppy. I just make sure i buy the most engaging fish at the store. Worth purchasing quality right from the start.

Dean715

AC Members
Mar 1, 2011
I havnt kept goldfish in many years but I do have Jaws, a little one inch fantail. He is very friendly and in fact ate bloodworms from my finger today. I love my Betta and Cories but it didnt take long for Jaws to become my favorite.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store