Which pair of fish should be placed in Quarium first?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mukesh

AC Members
Sep 8, 2018
I have bought an aquarium few months back and planted three aquarium plants like christmas moss. I want to put 4 more fishes in my 25 litre fish tank. Can anybody suggest which fish would be best for this size of fish tank.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I would maybe go with microrasbora and neocaridina shrimp

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Just to be sure, is your tank cycled? Do you have any fish now?

I like dwarf rasboras & shrimp too! Just don't do what I did & get cherry shrimp that are the same color as the rasboras. You will probably be much happier with some color contrast.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
For plants, what are the dimensions of the tank? Is there any hardscape in there? What lighting do you currently have or are you planning to get?

Without better knowledge, I would suggest a few simple crypts and some buce.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Celestial pearl danios and red cherry shrimp?

Ghost463

AC Members
Sep 12, 2018
Honey guramie. Rummie nose. Cardinals or neons.i would avoid plecos and go for corys.
I love shrimp but dont have much luck with them.
Honey guramies stay small. Max sixe is around 1" and dont look like any other small fish. Makes a really nice addition to a smaller tank.

DefJ123

AC Members
Jun 24, 2018
Honey guramie. Rummie nose. Cardinals or neons.i would avoid plecos and go for corys.
I love shrimp but dont have much luck with them.
Honey guramies stay small. Max sixe is around 1" and dont look like any other small fish. Makes a really nice addition to a smaller tank.
Rummies in a 25 liter? No way. Way to small a tank.

I have celestial pearl danios, a male betta, and a skittles colony of neocaridina in my 10g, awesome combo. Betta ended up in their through an emergency but seemed to get along well with everyone so i left him.

Ghost463

AC Members
Sep 12, 2018
Rummies in a 25 liter? No way. Way to small a tank.

I have celestial pearl danios, a male betta, and a skittles colony of neocaridina in my 10g, awesome combo. Betta ended up in their through an emergency but seemed to get along well with everyone so i left him.
In aquariums size and quantity right?!. Rummies wont get much bigger then 1" in my experience. Same as cardinals!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store