Which synthetic salt do you use?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gcvt

Functional Aquaholic
Mar 15, 2001
SF, CA
www.motorworld.com
Yep, the freebies only come in the 5g buckets of IO. For a while they stopped including free powerheads and tossed in cheapo plastic plants instead :( Lately, the free powerheads seem to have come back though (yipee!). I've never seen the t-shirts in person, but I hear that was one of the perks a while back.

I've got...let me count...six or seven of these free Mini-Jet powerheads running now - great for mixing new water or for circulation in small tanks. And, much like OG, I've got a tall stack of these 5g buckets left over :)

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
A clean salt bucket is being donated to our local dog park as a water bucket. We take them camping as well--great way to tote fish back from the lake. ;) I highly suggest filling them with ice and chilling your favorite beverage. :D

VoodooChild

Kissin' the Sky
Dec 17, 2001
MN
Visit site
I have to pick up an IO bucket. I'd like the free pump. I'd proudly wear my t-shirt any day (neeeeeerd!):D Also, I use Red Sea's stuff, and that seems fine.

kreblak

FDA approval pending
Mar 13, 2003
Ahhhh, I have only the bags of IO. Perhaps I will track down a bucket and get myself a free powerhead. Does the mini jet powerhead come with it's own power supply, or is it a plug in or what?

Corax

Temporarily risen from the dead..
Nov 14, 2001
Originally posted by kreblak
Ahhhh, I have only the bags of IO. Perhaps I will track down a bucket and get myself a free powerhead. Does the mini jet powerhead come with it's own power supply, or is it a plug in or what?
Yeap, they call it a "mixing pump" but I actually use mine in my 29 for a circ pump. It's small, unobtrusive and moves some water, just what ya need =) I looked it up on Marine Depot and they sell for about $10, so a free one is pretty nice..

I did see the T-shirt edition of the 5g bucket, but I got the ph model instead =) I have............... 4 of em? I think..... sumthin like that now..

Corax

Temporarily risen from the dead..
Nov 14, 2001
it's only true when your LFS gets a really good deal on another brand and they want you to buy it from em. Millions of satisfied reefers can't be wrong =)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store