White Cloud Mountain Minnows

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
I have a bunch of floating plants as well as moss in teh bottom of hte tub. The males will chase the females into plants during courtship. They are cool water critters but otherwise pretty easy. Live food like daphnia/mosquito larvae really get them in the mood.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
I have a bunch of floating plants as well as moss in teh bottom of hte tub. The males will chase the females into plants during courtship. They are cool water critters but otherwise pretty easy. Live food like daphnia/mosquito larvae really get them in the mood.

Yup. I had plenty of floating anacharis, parrots feather and water lettuce for them to hide and breed in.

davcheng

AC Members
Jul 31, 2007
lol throw them in a tub full of plants, feed every once in a while (once a week) and you should have a lot of babies. btw, those white clouds are really pretty msjinkzd, but they don't look like the long finned one i have thats regular colored. my long finned white cloud has a lot more red than yellow. i wonder if yours is a different color variant?

hamsterman

AC Members
Nov 8, 2005
Rhode Island
I've bred them as well out of boredom. First I kept 5 of them in a community tank where breeding was not evident. Then when i decided to breed them I moved them into a 10 gallon tank filled with java moss on the bottom and fed them bbs. I had a incandescent light on very nearby. Upon introducing them to the new tank, they bred rapidly. Breeding was seen within a few hours or so. They seemed to breed constantly and I was taking eggs out everyday. The java moss also made it very hard for the minnows to find and consume their eggs. In order to collect eggs, I moves the java moss around and sucked them up with a pipette. I had well over 100 fry that were fed bbs and crushed flake food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store