WHITE YELLOW TANG?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mr_angryeyes

Don't fear the Reefer
Jul 8, 2007
Parma,OH
I rescued it 4 days ago from a lfs for $5 dropped it in my tank (he's small) after acclimating and hes been tearin up the turf algae.He is still the same color so far we'll have to see how it goes.I also gave him a clip full of caluerpa from my fuge and he eats that as well.

mr_angryeyes

Don't fear the Reefer
Jul 8, 2007
Parma,OH
hows this

tang.jpg reeftank 247.jpg

mr_angryeyes

Don't fear the Reefer
Jul 8, 2007
Parma,OH
me either.but he acts completely normal,he's active,he eats and chases the damsels away from his spot so if he doesn't color up thats probably just means white is his normal color.

:headbang2:

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
What is really odd is his fright stripe appears in reverse. It is probably the same color of what it is on normal yellow tang but with your's looking so pale it makes the fright stripe look really yellow.

jagr200

AC Members
Oct 3, 2007
America
I rescued it 4 days ago from a lfs for $5 dropped it in my tank (he's small) after acclimating and hes been tearin up the turf algae.He is still the same color so far we'll have to see how it goes.I also gave him a clip full of caluerpa from my fuge and he eats that as well.
Im not trying to be mean but if you put it in a 20 gallon long you didnt rescue it. That would be WAYYYYYY too small a tank for a tang.

He looks really cool like that.

bdavis27701

AC Members
Sep 28, 2006
N.E. Ohio
Ouch I didn't notice it had gone in a nano tank.
Don't worry. He has a new bigger tank comming. He put it in the 20 to take care of an algae problem, he wasn't planning on keeping it in there.

jagr200

AC Members
Oct 3, 2007
America
I actually just saw a post in the Reef Keepers section about him moving all his stuff into a 55 gallon tank so I take what I said back.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store